This week on the TechCrunch Podcast our host, I talk with Bill Gates (yes, that Bill Gates) about whether we can still avoid climate disaster, the importance of crypto, and Elon Musk’s time management and social media skills. That conversation is an edited version of the full chat (which you can view here if you’re a TechCrunch+ member) that went down earlier this week at the TC Sessions: Climate event in Berkeley. I also talks with TC writer Ingrid Owen about Spotify’s acquisition of the Voice AI startup Sonatic. And as always, you’ll get a rundown of the week’s top news on TechCrunch.
Articles from the episode:
- Bill Gates on economic turbulence, crypto and whether we can still avoid climate disaster
- Spotify is acquiring Sonantic, the AI voice platform used to simulate Val Kilmer’s voice in Top Gun Maverick
Other news from the week:
- The Google engineer who thinks the company’s AI has come to life
- Elon Musk tells Twitter employees he wants to be involved in product
- SpaceX internal open letter seeks condemnation of Elon Musk’s tweets
- Coinbase CEO says it is laying off 18% of its workers
- SpaceX said to have fired employees behind company-wide letter criticizing Elon Musk
This article was originally published on TechCrunch.com. Read More on their website.