This week on The TechCrunch Podcast we’re talking to Natasha Mascarenhas about YC’s decision to shrink their startup cohort and the recent layoffs at On Deck. Then we’re joined by Rebecca Bellan to talk about the disappearance of Bolt Mobility. And as always, we’ll catch you up on the tech news you may have missed this week.
Articles from the episode:
- Y Combinator narrows current cohort size by 40%, citing downturn and funding environment
- On Deck lays off a third of staff after cutting a quarter just months prior
- Bolt Mobility has vanished, leaving e-bikes, unanswered calls behind in several US cities
Other news from the week:
- Robinhood lays off 23% of staff, CEO Vlad Tenev says, ‘This is on me’
- Hackers stole passwords for accessing 140,000 payment terminals
- Sheryl Sandberg officially stepped down as Meta COO on August 1, filing shows
- Amazon is buying iRobot for $1.7B
This article was originally published on TechCrunch.com. Read More on their website.